The Me My Elos Pro Ultra is safe for ALL skin tones because it uses much gentler IPL than other devices, and combines it with Radio Frequency current. The Radio Frequency travels through your skin down to the hair root creating gentle resistance, and so heat. This gives the IPL flashes easier passage through your skin by following the path of the RF. Therefore, it can use much gentler (but still effective) IPL, that’s safe for dark and black skin too. The combined IPL and RF energy is called Elōs. Learn more about this FDA-cleared technology here.
Your hair growth slows after each session until it’s greatly reduced. Eventually it stops growing altogether and periodic use keeps your skin silky smooth. Learn more about how home IPL works here.
Elōs is also effective on fair hair colours (light blonde, red and grey/white) because with the RF, it’s not reliant on much dark melanin pigment in your hairs. It’s clinically proven to work on blonde and red hairs, and will work in exactly the same way on white/grey hairs too. You can learn more about that here.
Me My Elos Pro Ultra review summary
Here’s a summary of my test scores, and pros and cons for the Me My Elos Pro Ultra to help you decide:
The flashes last around 3 years of monthly whole-body sessions. That’s decent, but you may need to buy an expensive replacement flash cartridge.
Ease of use
Simple to use with a lightweight corded applicator. Flashes with skin contact, no button to press. Very comfortable to use, average speed sessions and gentle on the skin. Wax or use with the epilator for fair hair removal.
Effort & Results
Medium & gentle power IPL. Seven weekly sessions for smooth skin, then top-ups every month or so to stay that way. But it takes twice as long on fair hair!
- Nimble applicator, robust & easy to use
- Flashes on skin contact, no button to press!
- Use low intensity for dark skin, gives fastest sessions
- Clinically proven on ALL skin tones including the darkest black
- Clinically proven to work on fair hair (blonde & red)
- FDA-cleared & CE certification
- It’s expensive at full RRP
- No money back guarantee
- Slow & time consuming sessions vs rivals
- Longer than advertised results for fair hair users
- Replacement flash cartridges are expensive